* Distilled Water
* Corn smashed (Dry)
* Yeast (Can use Wine Yeast also)
* Pressure Cooker
* Copper Tube (For Condensation process)
* Vessel (to collect Patta Sarayam)
* Go to the market and buy 1 Kilograms of Corn, 5 Kilograms of sugar, 40 liters of Distilled Water and 15ml of yeast.
* Next, you will be required to collect the necessary equipments, like a few large pots, a large pressure cooker and a coiled copper pipe.
* Put water in the pot and place it on stove. Keep on boiling it until it reaches a rolling boil.
* Add corn to the water and make into a paste. The resultant mixture will be known as saraku.
* Keep aside the saraku and let it cool down, till it is warm to the touch.
* Now, add sugar and yeast to the warm saraku.
* Again, keep it aside and let it ferment for 4 to 5 days.
* Keep on checking the saraku and when it stops bubbling, it means that it is ready.
* Put the sour saraku into the pressure cooker and keep it on fire, till it goes up to 173 degrees Fahrenheit.
* At this temperature, the alcohol content of the mixture will start rising to the surface.
* With the help of a coiled copper pipe, passed through cold water, trap vaporized alcohol in a separate vessel.
* As the vapors from the cooker pass through the cold copper tubing, they will slowly condense into the liquid called Patta Sarayam.
* Finally, filter the Patta Sarayam through charcoal, making it absolutely fit for consumption.
It might be illegal brewing your own drink in some places of the world. You are reminded of the legal and health risks before preparing this drink.